We Add Up

We Add Up
Get Counted in the Fight Against Global Warming

Monday, February 7, 2011

Why I love the Knifty-Knitter




Recently, I taught myself to knit using a magazine and YouTube clips. After a few basic scarves I felt pretty comfortable with the knit and pearl stitches. Eventually, I started getting bored with scarves and attempted to make a small hat. Unfortunately, hats aren't as easy. In fact, I found them to be pretty frustrating! Since I wasn't making too much progress I gave up and went back to making scarves.

My daughter got a Knifty Knitter set for Christmas a few years ago, but never opened it. The package came with a couple of round plastic looms and a metal hook. The directions show how to use the looms to make a hat. I followed the directions and in about 2 hours I had a teeny-tiny newborn hat. No dropped stitches, no patterns to follow, no thinking required. It was way too easy!

Why do I love using this thing? The hat comes out perfect every time. If you want to learn how to knit hats this is a great way to do it. You can buy one at most craft stores for around $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment