We Add Up

We Add Up
Get Counted in the Fight Against Global Warming

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Days & Cupcakes








Thanks to “Snowpocalypse 2011,” my kids had a few snow days last week. I loved watching through the window as all of the kids in the neighborhood ran from house to house in their snow gear. I knew they would all make it back to our house eventually, so I wanted to be ready. I thought this might be a good opportunity to bake something. I remembered there was a box of Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix in the pantry that would make great cupcakes so I went to work.


From start to finish they took about 30 minutes to prepare. The kids came in from the cold just as I was cleaning up. As the cupcakes cooled, I topped them off with some chocolate frosting and set them on the kitchen table. The kids dove in immediately! I asked for some feedback and got a few cheeky smiles, some nods and two thumbs up. Looks like I will be making these again!


Overall, I was very pleased with the results. The cupcakes were moist and had a nice consistency. I did notice they do not brown on the top like other cupcakes so you have to rely on a toothpick to check if they are done. Also, I recommend using a good quality vanilla since this is where the flavor comes from.


Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Cake Mix
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Bake Time: 18-23 Minutes
Total Time: Approx 25 Minutes
Servings: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment